The University of Chicago
- Native knowledge: Junior scholars bring modern touches to linguistics’ traditional focus.
- Unearthed: Linguistic detectives solve textual mysteries.
- Two Perspectives on Ghosts: From antiquity to modern times, ghosts have served as cultural metaphors, storytelling devices, and figures in religious or afterlife beliefs. Faculty members Judith Zeitlin and Patrick Crowley explore the role of ghosts within their particular disciplines.
- In Dialogue: The Division offers a new joint doctoral degree in Theater and Performance Studies (TAPS).
- Digging Deep: Stuart Tave fellows’ courses address video games, ISIS headlines, and physiognomy